“Quick Look” zip plugin shows inside zip files in Mac OS X [Leopard and Lion]
I always ran out of space regardless of my HDD size! so I often delete stuff I don’t need anymore. Today I was doing the exact same thing and as always I came across a big Zip file I have no idea what is inside. So I looked around for a cool plugin to add this functionality to Finder’s Quick Look. Now all I have to do is pressing SPACE while the mystery zip file is selected in Finder.
Now how to install this plugin:
- Download it from here (it’s called Archive.qlgenerator)
- Navigate to /Library/QuickLook/ or ~/Library/QuickLook/
Lion users: you can’t see your root folder anymore, just type open /Library/QuickLook/ in Terminal
- Copy Archive.qlgenerator there
- Restart Finder.app (Right click Dock Finder icon with holding Option key)
- Just press SPACE to see inside any zip files.